It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 14:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat 18. Sep 2010, 22:47 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi All !

10 days and one year ago I released the last version of TibiaPSP. Expectations of an online Mode were very large and also I get many emails with questions about the current status. Today I announce that I can’t present the promised online mode, nor even a new version. I stopped working on TibiaPSP since September 2009 :(. But I hadn’t stopped completely yet. Till March 2010 I developed during that time the promised map editor and worked on an implementation of the server for online Mode. Both programs are still not quite finished.

TibiaPSP Map-Editor:
Server Software:

Unfortunately, I had to stop all further work on this project since March due to temporally reasons. I have made a lot of thoughts if and how this project could be continued.
My decision has been made: TibiaPSP will no longer exist in this form!

Is this the end for the Tibia on PSP? NO ;)
I have received some emails from PSP(tibia)-fans from around the world who have offered me their help and expressed their interest in TibiaPSP. Also, the help of some users from this forum, especially Teixe, fascinates me and showed me that I can’t just give up this. Therefore, I decide to found a team to work on this project and to start all development completely NEW.
This new project WON’T based on the existing source code of TibiaPSP. So it will start from zero. recently

Why I don’t want to further develop the already existing TibiaPSP?
This has several reasons:

• I had a hard disk crash and so some parts of the newest source code lost
  • The performance of TibiaPSP unfortunately is not really impressing ,because I had started this project quite inexperienced and therefore i had take no value on clean programming ...
  • I am convinced by object-oriented programming after a few various other projects and therefore I now will develop the new project in C++ (TibiaPSP was written in C).
  • TibiaPSP was first only designed for offline gaming. So to build in an online feature is ineffective and hard.

How will the new tibia be constructed:

• New Game = New Name (I'd prefer something more professional… maybe something like Tales of Tibia (ToT))
  • This game should being fully developed object-oriented in C++
  • The new Tibia for PSP will be based on Online Mode from the beginning
  • The main aim will be to develop an MMORPG , not a tibia remake on PSP.
  • It is to consider, whether the new version will get an offline mode (with a story)

For this team I'm looking for some interested, active and talented people. To properly get this project working I need the following selection:
  • 2-5 programmers: They should have experience in C / C++,also fun in programming and they should be active. Knowledge of programming on the PSP isn’t so important because the first transition from programming on the PC to PSP is simple.
  • 1-4 People who are working on graphics, sprites, logos and the Design.
  • 1-2 People who take care for spreading and presentation (maybe with movie trailer)
  • And of course I will need people with lots of ideas and some testers… ;)
Possibly:
  • 1-2 Story Writer for Offline Mode
  • Web developer to create a homepage

What I do expect from you:
  • Active interests in game development and PSP
  • Good knowledge in your relevant area
  • Motivation and self-directed work
  • Programmers should have knowledge and experience in object-oriented programming with C++
  • Teamwork
  • Linguistic proficiency in English (German would be even better ;))

What can I offer to you:
  • Active cooperation
  • Possible successes in various competitions
  • Lots of experience and knowledge in programming for the PSP
  • Implementation of the first MMORPG for the PSP previously

Such a team project requires much organization and planning, to get the first effective results it will need much time of course.
Now it's up to you what will become of Tibia for PSP. It is impossible for me to continue this Project alone. If you are interested in this game then spread out this news in various forums to find team members.
If this start-up doesn't find a suitable team, I'll completely stop all my work for this project.
If YOU are interested in active development on this project and you have experience in one of the areas, listed above, send an email to LuMa_PSP@web.de or/and answer here in this forum.

Yours Sincerely,
LuMa

Post subject:
Posted: Sat 18. Sep 2010, 22:47 

PostPosted: Sun 19. Sep 2010, 10:24 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 WWW  Profile

Hello LuMA!

· Im happy to see you again here, and you bring good news :D

- Talking about the new tibiaPSP project: I think that is a very good idea make a team, develop a game takes alot of time, and have alot of diferent areas to work, and I know that is lot of work for one person. I course I offer myself to join the team ^^ Unfortunately I'm working every day, but always I have some free time for my hobbies.

I offer myself to help in the following areas:

- Programmer: To be honest, I do not know the specific program in C++, But I know programm in VC that is another programing languaje similar to C++, anyway for the moment I prefer to help with programming basics such as the creation of items, weapons, etc ...

- Graphics: I would like to remain the official sprite ripper TibiaPSP ^^ Taking the sprites from the Tibia client and making the sprite templates ready to work in TibiaPSP.

- Tester: I've already been Tester before, and I think it is a good way that when LuMa release an update, is important not to be buggy. For that we are the Testers.

- Web Developer: As I said before, I'm working. I work as a programmer of web pages, so I also offer for this work. I think I could make the web page without any problem, I know: HTML, Javascript, PHP, MySQL and Ajax.

- Story Writer: I really like the idea the offline mode, has a history. Personally I am not good at this work, requires patience and imagination. But I know a guy who I think is the right person for this job. (LuMa if you're interested, I will put you in contact with the guy).

· And that's all for now. Nice to see you back LuMa ;)
Greetings!

PostPosted: Sun 19. Sep 2010, 11:20 
User
User
 WWW  Profile

Hello, LuMa, I'm So Happy To Hear These News. :D
I Congratulate You On Your Good Choice.
I Really Wanna Sign Up For The Following Things:

* 1-4 People who are working on graphics, sprites, logos and the Design.
I'm A Good Artist On Photoshop. :roll:

* 1-2 People who take care for spreading and presentation (maybe with movie trailer)
I Have A Blog And I Can Spread Tibia There And Also I Make Really Good Movie Trailers.
For Proof See : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFSP2OYiFgg

* And of course I will need people with lots of ideas and some testers… ;
I'm Am Only 15 But I Have Lots Of Imagination. I Play With Barbie Dolls :D
I Also Don't Mind Testing, And If My PSP Bricks, I Have Pandora And MMS So I Dont Mind Being A Tester :mrgreen:

* 1-2 Story Writer for Offline Mode
I Wrote Like 50 Stories in School And Got An A+ Or A In All Of Them.
This Proves I Make Good Storylines. =)

In Any Other Things You Need Help, Just Ask Me. ( I'm A s*** Programmer Though)
Please LuMa Accept Me!

Anyway, Thanks A Lot,
Razor.

Fav Homebrew : TibiaPSP
Fav Game : Neopets Petpet Adventures

PostPosted: Sun 19. Sep 2010, 11:56 
User
User

Hi, i think, i can help you.
I can create some maps. My english isn't very good, but i want to create Tibia for PSP! I saw some peoples that have PSP, and played Tibia. I can translate it for polish. Hmm...

PostPosted: Sun 19. Sep 2010, 17:38 
User
User

I know how to use CwCheat, and how to create "AntyHack". I learned a GIMP, and i learned RPG Marker/Multimedia Fusion 2 and Batch Language. Luma, you cant recovery a your disc? On the sectors and others? I can create ideas, and be tester. I must go to search my PSP. Luma, project is continued! Awesome! You must create anty-aim, anty-rapidfire (macro fire, this works with change weapon and pistols on CSPSP well, and with deagle can you kill a enemy with second WTF). Sorry for my english, its bad...
And create for helpers "GameMasters". Like a real tibia.

PostPosted: Sun 19. Sep 2010, 20:34 
User
User

Hello. I am a great mapper [map editing, creating new maps] and i could do whole map you'll only need to write me how big it must be. I can do some lua scripts, and test servers to look for some bugs. I've got some Open Tibia Servers before and i know how to create a big story of whole Tibia world. So i could create map and story to this world with many quests.
If you want great mapper and a big fan of all RPG storys then you should give me a chance ;) That's all.

Regards,
PosejDon'Corleone. AKA PeeSDeOeN

PostPosted: Mon 20. Sep 2010, 13:47 
User
User

Hey,
if you try doing it like that it will totally fail. You have to start this on your own by making the game structure. Then you can hire developers for each part of the code, i.e. a engine developer, a server-application developer and so on...
_do not_ hire people for things like...eer..."marketing" yet, they'll be gone way before you finished developing...
you should also think if you really need C++ and also have the knowledge for that, having thousands of cpp source files with only a export "C" thing in it will not make things better...
I'd also work with "debugging" sprites in the beginning so you don't have to hire someone making pictures that maybe won't be in use later...
TD

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2010, 19:13 
User
User

wow :) nice to see u back LuMa. im really happy cuz of that ^^

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2010, 19:22 
User
User

Yay!
Nice to see you again LuMa :D
Im very happy :PP

PostPosted: Wed 22. Sep 2010, 11:15 
User
User

Hi LuMa! Nice to see you on the forum. I know something about programming "PAWNO" and base "C + +" you can always count on my help. I play on the computer and Tibia a lot of time and I know what and where you can find some informations
[for example:
Wyvern have <795 hp> and gives the <515 exp> (he's getting drunk, poisoning, treated) and after killing it, you can find Emerald Bangle (very rare), Wand of Inferno (rare), Small Sapphire (rare), 0-2 Power Bolt (rare), 0-3 Dragon Ham (rare), Gemmed Book (rare), Wyvern Fang (Very rare ), Strong Health Potion (very rare), Wyvern Talisman (Rare) and about 75 gold coins.]
I think I can help. Sorry for my bad English, I am from Poland and I rarely use other languages. If you are interested write to me: silacz321@o2.pl
Welcome back!! ;D ^^'